PIZZA RECIPE AT HOME -
PREPERATION TIME – 1 HOUR
COOKING TIME- 20 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME – 1 HOUR 20 MINUTES
YIELD- 8-10 MEDIUM PIZZAS
Things covered in this blog-
- How to create a pizza dough that will never fail
- A guide to how to make the perfect tangy Margarita sauce
- And finally how to choose the perfect cheese blend
I’m glad to have you back, this is another interesting blog and I’m sure it is going to be everyone’s favorite because it’s a blog on how to make the best pizza recipe at home. Through this blog I would be sharing an amazing and easy to follow recipe and also will also be sharing my views on what is pizza, I will also be answering some frequently asked questions regarding pizza but first let’s see the recipe,
This recipe is dived into 3 parts, they being the dough, sauce and cheese
FIRST PART OF THE PIZZA RECIPE AT HOME – PIZZA DOUGH/CRUST
INGREDIENTS FOR PIZZA DOUGH –
- 500 gms Maida/ all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 30 ml oil
- 150 ml warm water
Method for the pizza dough –
- Take a large bowl and mix the flour and salt together and keep aside
- Next , in a smaller bowl add the yeast, sugar and water , cover the bowl and leave it aside for 10 mins for the yeast to activate
- Once the yeast is activated , add it to the flour along with oil and mix everything together
- When the dough starts to form, remove it from the bowl and place it on a clean counter and kneed it well for 5-8 mins or until it turns into a smooth dough
- Once it turns into a smooth dough place it an oiled bowl in a warm place and let it rise for about 2 hours or until it doubles in size
- The dough is ready!
Tips and tricks on how to make sure you have the perfect dough every time –
- The best trick to ensure that your dough is kneaded well is to stretch it out a little bit and see if it breaks , if it does its not kneaded enough, if it doesn’t it is well kneaded
- To ensure you have the perfect temperature water mix hot water with a little bit of cold water
- To ensure your dough proves well place it in the oven, as the oven has a warmer environment than outside
- Prefer using cold flour , it always gives a better texture in bread
SECOND PART OF THE PIZZA RECIPE AT HOME - THE MARGARITA SAUCE
INGREDIENTS FOR MARGARITA SAUCE –
- 8 whole tomatoes
- 3 large onions
- 3 tbsp. basil
- 3 tbsp. oregano
- 3 tbsp. chili flakes
- 4 tbsp. garlic
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- ¼-1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
METHOD FOR THE MARGARITA SAUCE –
- Take a large wok or pan , pour the olive oil in and let it become hot
- Once the oil is hot , add the garlic and sauté well for about 2 mins or until it turns a little brown
- Once the garlic is well sautéed, add the onions and cook them till they turn transparent
- Now take the whole tomatoes and cut a little x mark on the bottom of each tomato and put them in pan
- Next, add in the basil ,salt, oregano and chili flakes and gently stir
- Now cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the tomatoes become soft
- Now add in the tomato puree and chili sauce along with ¼ cup water and stir well
- now put the lid back on and let the sauce boil for another 2 mins
- once the sauce is boiled, turn of the gas and let it cool for about 10 mins
- once the sauce is cooled you can either blitz it in a mixer-grinder or blend it into a paste using a hand blender till it turns into a smooth sauce
- The tangy and sweet Margarita sauce is ready!
TRICKS ON HOW TO GET THE PERFECT Margarita SAUCE –
- Always boil the sauce on a low heat, so that it takes longer to cook, giving more time for the flavors to combine
- While making Margarita sauce always remember the more seasoning the better , never be afraid to add different herbs , it may actual make the sauce better
- Always use fresh tomatoes , the tanginess in the sauce will only be achieved if you use fresh tomatoes
- And finally, be patient! It takes time to make the perfect marinara sauce if you want a good flavor profile, don’t hurry! stay calm and follow the steps nicely
THIRD PART OF THE PIZZA RECIPE AT HOME – CHEESE
While choosing which blend of cheese is right for your pizza you can get very confused right?
Well that is the reason, why I have tried various different cheese on my pizza and I fell the best combination of a cheese blend is either
- Full mozzarella
- Half mozzarella / half processed cheese
- Half cheddar / half mozzarella cheese
These work the best, but if you prefer you can always switch them up add a little of everything or just go with one, at the end of the day it’s your pizza, and you can customize it as you would like , any ways this completes all our elements of the pizza. Once all the elements are ready lets get to the making of the pizza.
CONSTRUCTING THE PIZZA –
- First punch the dough , so that all the air is released out , and knead it on a hard surface for about 2 mins
- Once the dough is kneaded , stretch the dough into a circle using your fingers, the thickness of the dough is up to you
- Once the dough is stretched place it in an oven tray.
- Next, using a ladle spread the margarita sauce evenly , covering all parts of the dough
- Once the sauce is spread nicely onto the dough, sprinkle your preference of cheese.
- Now add your choice of vegetables, and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degree Celsius for about 20 mins or until the crust is nice and brown.
- I hope you enjoyed the recipe! Frequently thought questions mentioned at the end of the blog!
What is pizza (according to me?)
Pizza has a been around for quite some time now and its dominance is felt all across the world , no matter how late or how early it is we always crave a slice of pizza, isn’t that right ? Well according to me it all has to do is with taste.
Many people think pizza is a very simple and ordinary dish put in reality it is quite a complex dish to master , even though a pizza might look plain but it is filled with complex flavor’s, from the crispy crust to the tangy marinara sauce and the smooth melted cheese it just fills you up with happiness every single bite , and the options are not limited there we can try an end number of variations and can play with flavor and taste but still at the end of the day it will still taste brilliant because it is pizza, just because of this mere fact , and my crazy obsession for this yummy dish I have curated the best pizza recipe that you can make at home and enjoy it with your family .
– Mozzarella cheese is best for pizza, as it melts very quickly and it also gives a nice string of cheese when we pull a piece out
The first thing that goes on pizza is the sauce, then the cheese and in the end the topping of your choice
Ideally you should be baking your pizza at 200 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes , this ensures that you have a crispy crust as well as the cheese is melted properly
– If you want to have a flavorful crust you can always add oregano, chili flakes and basil into the dough it would give the dough a nice Herby taste
Making pizza from store bought dough will include the same steps, only you will have to swap out the homemade dough for the store bought dough, but try and make your dough at home as it often tastes better